- Vintage Armagnac distilled by Château de Pellehaut in Monteal-du-Gers in the Ténarèze appellation of the Armagnac region
- Distilled in 2000 from 100% Folle Blanche on a traveling wood-fired alambic Armagnacais (short column still)
- Current lot was bottled in 2022; aged in French oak casks for 21 years (age range increases lot to lot)
- Rich aromas of bruléed sugar and brioche complemented by dusty Ceylon cinnamon and dried baby’s breath taper to a zippy palate of red apple skin and thyme with a dry, faintly vinous finish.
- 49.3% ABV (ABV varies lot to lot)
It’s hard to believe that someone of legal drinking age could be gifted this bottling as a birth-year Armagnac, but here we are—time marches on! 21+-year brandy feels celebratory by nature, but don’t sleep on this surprisingly accessible expression in both flavor and price.