- Wheated straight bourbon whiskey produced by Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY
- Mash bill of 73% white corn, 10% wheat, 17% malted barley
- Distilled in a Vendome copper column still
- 49 barrels blended in this batch
- Aged 5 years
- Aromas of caramel, persimmon, malted milk ball, and wintergreen transition to a medium-bodied palate of shortbread, leather, and light allspice before finishing with sweet black tea
- Non-chill filtered; 50% ABV
In a reimagining of the mash bill of their flagship Small Batch Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Castle & Key swaps the spicy rye for wheat, resulting in a creamy, confectionary finish for their inaugural small batch wheated bourbon with Batch 1 revealing a warmer, more confectionary profile than the fruitier Batch 2.