- Grain-to-bottle, mesquite-smoked single malt whiskey produced by Hamilton Distillers in Tucson, Arizona
- Produced entirely from two-row barley
- Barley smoked with Velvet Mesquite from Arizona’s Sonoran Desert in the manner of peated Scotch
- Twice distilled in a copper pot still
- Blended with a small portion of Del Bac’s “Classic” expression to bring balance to the smoke and char
- Non-age statement; aged in a combination of medium char, medium toast 15-gallon and 30-gallon barrels
- Robust and spicy from nose to finish, with mesquite smoke immediately evoking aromas of tobacco and beef jerky. A chewy palate full of charred oak, white pepper, and allspice with an umami-rich salinity and ginger heat on the finish.
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
When Hamilton Distillers’ Stephen Paul set out create this unique whiskey, this is what he envisioned: an American Single Malt crafted in the style of peated Scotch using locally sourced Velvet Mesquite. The flagship whiskey of Del Bac’s range, Dorado has single-handedly defined the sub-category of Sonoran Single Malt Whiskey. Immediately evocative of an Islay Scotch, the mesquite smoke provides a moreish quality distinct from the briny salinity of peat most commonly used in Scotch whisky production.